Welcome to Tadley Medical Partnership
Coronavirus (COVID-19) - Changes to our services
Stay at home to stop coronavirus spreading
Everyone must stay at home to help stop the spread of coronavirus.
You should only leave the house for 1 of 4 reasons:
- shopping for basic necessities, for example food and medicine, which must be as infrequent as possible
- one form of exercise a day, for example a run, walk, or cycle – alone or with members of your household
- any medical need, or to provide care or to help a vulnerable person
- travelling to and from work, but only where this absolutely cannot be done from home
Important - These 4 reasons are exceptions – even when doing these activities, you should be minimising time spent outside of the home and ensuring you are 2 metres apart from anyone outside of your household.
There is separate advice about:
- staying at home if you're at high risk of getting seriously ill from coronavirus
- staying at home if you or someone you live with has symptoms of coronavirus
Symptoms and what to do
Do not leave your home if you have either:
- a high temperature – this means you feel hot to touch on your chest or back (you do not need to measure your temperature)
- a new, continuous cough – this means coughing a lot for more than an hour, or 3 or more coughing episodes in 24 hours (if you usually have a cough, it may be worse than usual)
To protect others, do not go to places like a GP surgery, pharmacy or hospital. Stay at home.
Use the 111 online coronavirus service to find out what to do.
Only call 111 if you cannot get help online.
Read general information such as:
- Advice for everyone
- Advice for people at high risk
- Symptoms and what to do
- Self-isolation if you or someone you live with has symptoms
- Getting an isolation note
GP Practice Appointments
- Public Health England have advised all practices to limit face to face consultations. Patients will be at risk of transmitting or contracting Coronavirus. All request for appointments with be triaged. We hopefully can help over the phone and if needed video consultation. You can use the eConsult online consultation platform to get self-help or consult with a GP online
- Please look at the resources on our website for self-referrals and self-help
- Childrens immunisations will continue to take place at Holmwood Health Centre between the currently extended hours of 13.30 and 17.00 as it important this is not delayed. We will allow longer in between appointments to enable social distancing and the nurses will be wearing protective equipment. We shall do all we can to minimise risk to you or your child. Please do not bring other children (who are not due for vaccination) or adults with you to the surgery and ensure you and your child are dressed appropriately as you might be required to wait outside for a while.
- Access into the practices will be restricted. The Reception team or a Doctor or Nurse will let you in if you have an appointment or help with your query over the intercom
- Pre-booked face to face appointments will be restricted due to the expectation of staff sickness or isolation requirements and currently will take place at Morland Surgery. This will contnue while we have the clinical staff to cover. If this is not possible,we will be looking to our colleagues in and around Basingstoke to help and patients may need to be seen elsewhere for face to face consultations
- Chemist/Pharmacy Customers - all community pharmacies/chemist shops are under considerable pressure currently - please allow 6 working days before collecting your prescription
- We have been advised not change your repeat prescription durations or support stockpiling as this will put a strain on the supply chain and exacerbate any potential shortages
Dispensary - IMPORTANT NOTICE
- All prescriptions - medicines and paper prescriptions - will have to be collected from Holmwood Health Centre Dispensary. Any requests made via Morland Dispensary will be sent to Holmwood Dispensary. Please allow 4 working days for us to process your requests.
- Dispensary opening hours have changed: Monday to Friday 9.00 -12.00 and 14.00 to 18.00
eConsult - Online Consultation
IF YOU HAVE ANY CONCERNS REGARDING CORONAVIRUS PLEASE USE THE ONLINE 111 SERVICE INSTEAD
- I want help for my condition
- I want general advice
- I want administrative help
- I want help for my child
- Provide your mobile number, when requested, so we can send you a text message reply
- For sick note requests use our form found below on this homepage