Suggestions & Complaints

Want to make a suggestion to the practice?

Your comments and suggestions are important to us, please click on the link below and complete the form to send them to us. Please only use this form for comments about the practice and suggestions as to how we can improve our service to you.

Medical matters and official complaints cannot be dealt with via this form. If you have a query regarding a medical matter please telephone reception to make an appointment to see the appropriate person.

Want to make a complaint?


If you have a complaint or concern about the service you have received from the doctors or staff working in this Practice please let us know.  We operate a robust Complaints Procedure which meets nationally agreed criteria, as part of an NHS wide system for dealing with complaints.

We hope that most problems can be sorted out easily and quickly, often at the time they arise and with the person concerned.  If your problem cannot be sorted out this way and you wish to make a complaint, please let us know as soon as possible as this will enable us to establish what happened more easily.

Complaints should be addressed, preferably in writing, to:

Mrs Gillian Herbert
Practice Manager
Tadley Medical Partnership
Holmwood Health Centre
Franklin Avenue
RG26 4ER

If you prefer you may request a meeting to discuss your concerns with the Practice Manager.


We shall acknowledge your complaint within three working days, carry out an investigation and provide you with a response within ten working days.  If we cannot comply with this we will keep you advised and respond as soon as reasonably possible.

When we investigate your complaint our aim will be to:

  • Find out what happened and what went wrong
  • Make it possible for you to discuss the problem with those concerned if you would like this
  • Make sure you receive an apology where this is appropriate
  • Identify what we can do to make sure the problem doesn’t happen again


Please note that we keep strictly to the rules of medical confidentiality.  If you are complaining on behalf of someone else we have to know that you have their permission to do so.  A note signed by the person concerned will be needed, unless they are incapable (because of incapacity) of providing this, or if you are the parent or guardian of a child complainant under the age of sixteen.


We hope that if you have a problem you will use our Practice Complaints procedure.  We believe this will give us the best chance of putting right whatever has gone wrong and an opportunity to improve our practice; this does not affect your right to approach the Ombudsman.  If you feel you cannot raise your complaint with us or you are dissatisfied with the result of our investigation, you should contact:

Customer Services and Assessment Directorate
Office of the Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman
Millbank Tower

The address of NHS England is:

NHS Commissioning Board
PO Box 16738
B97 9PT