Tadley Medical Partnership Data Privacy Notice
The National Data Opt Out
Sharing your information
Information about your health and care helps the NHS to improve your individual care, speed up diagnosis, plan your local services and research new treatments. NHS Digital has a legal responsibility to collect data about NHS and social care services. It only shares what is needed and wherever possible, information is removed so that you cannot be identified.
You can choose not to have information about you shared or used for any purpose beyond providing your own treatment or care.
Managing your data choice
From 25 May 2018 you can choose not to have information about you shared or used for any purpose beyond providing your own treatment or care. This is known as the National Data Opt Out. Please see this leaflet for more information. You do not need to do anything if you are happy about the way your confidential patient information is used
If you have previously registered an opt out with us to request that NHS Digital does not use your confidential patient information (other than for your individual care and treatment), this will have automatically been converted to a National Data Opt Out on 25 May 2018.
Use of mobile telephone numbers and/or email address
If you have provided these to us as a means of contact they will form part of your NHS medical record.
At present, we will use them in the following ways but as this forms part of your medical record it may be used by us and other NHS providers in other ways
Mobile Telephone Numbers
- If we need to speak to you
- We will send you text reminders of any appointments you might have with the doctor or nurse. You will also have the opportunity to cancel that appointment by return text message if you are unable to attend
- In the event of a clinic being cancelled we will send you a text message informing you that you will need to re-book your appointment
- We may send you a text message inviting you to make an appointment for any appropriate clinical reviews that are due, or for any eligible vaccinations such as flu or shingles
- We may send you a text message regarding appropriate health information
- We may send you a text message regarding surgery news
- If you have given us your mobile telephone number for the purposes of online access to your medical records it may be used to reset your password
- We will use your email address to inform your of any surgery news including the Practice newsletter
- We will use your email address to invite you to make an appointment for any appropriate clinical reviews that are due, or for any eligible vaccinations such as flu or shingles
- We may use your email address to contact you if we need to speak to you and fail to do so by any other means
- If you have given us your email address for the purposes of on online access to your medical record it may be used to reset your password
If you prefer that we do not ring you on your mobile number please let us know and we will remove it from your records. If you no longer wish to receive text messages and appointment reminders we can retain your mobile number for telephone calls only. If you do not wish to receive Practice news via your email address please let us know.
Be aware that shared mobile telephones and email addresses will compromise confidentiality.
Tadley Medical Partnership 30.5.2018